Monday, July 26, 2010

Bounce Back


Recently, I experienced an incredible blow of reality. I'd taken the time to actually do something to better myself.......look at my credit report! Let's just say that I was so unhappy with myself and the foolish decisions that I've made in life. To quote myself to one of my dear friends, "I'm seeing the fruit of my immaturity". I was so disgusted and really felt down because I'd decided that by now I'm already 5 years behind my schedule of where I wanted to be in life! Did you hear that? My schedule....

I guess the fact that I'm concerned with my weight can't really be a true reality if it doesn't pour over into every area of my life! I've often said that... real correction and maturity doesn't spark in just one area.. it encompasses your life as a whole, which shifts you to totally new dimension (level) of thinking.

But you know what???No matter what happens or how immature I was, I can bounce back! That's right! I can bounce back!! It may look hopeless but the courage to pick myself up and keep going changes my perception and entire outlook on life!

Speaking of bounce.. have you ever really looked at a basketball during a game? This object is constantly slapped down to the ground, tossed to and fro, passed from person to person, shot in the air and still expected to bounce back every single time. I was reading some material on a basketball and the writer records that a basketball is inflated based on the height of the ball's bounce. It must be inflated to the pressure sufficient to make it rebound to a height! In other words, the art of the ball being able to withstand all of the forcing down to the ground, tossing to and fro, passing from one person to the next, shot in the air, and still being able to bounce has nothing to do with the expertise of the one holding it! It has everything to do with what's inside the ball!

My message today is simple.... I don't care what you are going through! Life may have slapped you down and tossed you to and fro. You may even feel like your life is worthless, useless, or that you just don't fit the bill. But, today I want to tell you......there is something inside of you that can withstand even in the midst of the pressure that life throws at you! Inside you, there is a purpose that is fireproof to withstand the hottest of times and waterproof to withstand the downpours of any storm. Life may get you down but it can't knock you out because you will bounce back everytime! You, my dear are resilient! You are able to recover quickly from setbacks. You can spring back from being stretched, bent, or squashed with a shine that makes even the best of friends wonder!

This is not new to you!!! You're standing today because you bounced back from something. So, take a moment and get yourself together because this time when you bounce back... you will be a lot better than before!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment