Wednesday, July 7, 2010

When You Get Up From the Floor.....

Sadly, I talked to a friend of mine recently who is going through one of the hardest times in her life. Her and her family went on vacation and everything seemed fine. Her and her husband were communicating and had no issues that seemed out of control. They returned from the vacation, she took the kids to their cousins and came back to find that he had packed up everything and left. In a panic, she called and was hysterical not knowing what happened or what she should do! After hours of crying and talking.....crying and talking... I asked her what she wanted to do. In the most innocent of voices she said, " I don't know... I can't even get up from the floor"!

Tears filled my eyes as I listened to my friend and my heart bled for her! She was so careful of everyone and I couldn't help but wonder if there were any signs or warnings that led to this moment in her life. Did she think that it would ever come to this 2 years ago or last week? And even as I thought about that her last statement just kept running through my head...."I can't even get up from the floor...... I can't even get up from the floor......I can't even get up from the floor"!!!!

This made me think of all of the hurts that I've experienced, which can't be compared to hers, but I've seen my share of things that knocked me to the floor. Yet, some of the greatest times in my life have begun on the floor. When I thought life was ending, God showed me that it was beginning... I was being planted/ buried! Perhaps this chapter was over a long time ago but her persistence to hold on to it was greater than her persistence to hold on to herself and discover her true path in life!

Love conquers all and there are a lot of things that I can now share with my friend because two years ago... I couldn't move from the bed! I'd been hurt so bad that I literally thought I was not going to make it. There were days that I could leave the house but get to my destination and break down hysterically at the mercy of those that stood by and couldn't do anything. I was depressed and found myself at times not event being able to bathe, brush my teeth, or leave my house. I've never known pain like that and it was the worst time in my entire life! But today, that's not so! I've grown so much and the pain was a journey. Now because of what I went through, I could share the "life" that I found in the midst of my own pain. So, my letter to my dear friend would be as follows:

Dear Friend,
I've seen your tears and I've heard your pain. I would be crazy to say that I understand when I'm not in your shoes but I must admit that we've walked the same mile. But here I stand as an example to you my dear friend that although your world is spinning and you feel that life is over, the best of who you are is about to emerse. Take note of everything. There is strength and virtue that God placed in you to make it through this! I remember some of the struggles that you've faced before. This isn't your first fight and it won't be the last!
I would love to promise you no pain but that would be far from the truth! It will hurt and you will cry but I will be right here with you because it's only now that I understand why I went through the pain and the heartache. I went through pain so that I could speak joy into you! I went through what seemed like death so that I could speak life to you!
But I want you to do me a big favor! Please, whatever you do, find it in your heart to forgive him.... He loved you enough to walk way and not hinder God's perfect plan for your life! Yes, His perfect plan! God knows and loves you, every hair on your head is numbered and from the beginning of time, you were created for a purpose that even you can't stop! So, yes.. cry for now but I must admit that there are better days ahead.. You will be stronger, wiser, and so much better! In the midst of this pain, you will find yourself again and come to know the beauty of why you were created and how this pain was only the beginning!
And it all begins when you get up from the floor.....

No comments:

Post a Comment