Monday, July 12, 2010

You are Beautiful....Show it!


Let me just start off by sayin that I'm no "fashionista" nor would I consider myself any type of expert. Seriously, I just leared that you put on foundation with a brush...lol. Also, the grand old year of 2010 brought in more singing engagements and the commencement of one of the greatest nights of my entire life... That's right honey... I'm walking on the red carpet of eyelashes - a phenomenon that I knew absolutely nothing about! But today, I'm learning more and more about me... my beauty.. and my life.

So, I feel as if I was sent here today to encourage someone! Saturday morning, I was feeling rather crazy because my schedule called for me to have to be up by 9am and I was on a quick road to missing that appointment. But of course, my little sister called and nevertheless although I love her.. my attitude was a mess! I was tired and needed much R&R but couldn't! Anywho, I had to go to the supply store and get some things and while there, I ran into a young lady in the "eyeshadow" section that asked my opinion on make-up. First of all, let me paint this picture.. Here I am a woman that's dared to have all colors of hair (just about), wear wild but classy eye make-up and she wanted my advice..... I gave her my suggestions and she looked at me and said, "I can't do that...it's too much for me"! I laughed within myself as I thought about the times when that would've been my statement... lol. It would've been my statement because I would've worried more about how others would've or wouldn't have received it. But instead, I looked at her and encouraged her that it wasn't about how I would apply the make-up. Because the reality was that the make-up, accessories, and etc. were mere tools to enhace the beauty. I encouraged her that her face was a canvas on which she could paint any picture that was pleasing to her!

That brings me to our season of life. Our life alone is a God-given canvas that the world is waiting to see. We have endured pains, heartaches, joys, and a whole bunch of hurts; yet, my encouragement today is simple. Whatever your plot in life has been... whatever your situation is...whatever the circumstances are, know that you are beautiful! You were carefully created and no matter what happens, you have something to show! Never surrender to someone else's subjectivity of who you are, how you look, or the gifts or talents that you posess. I think we spend a lot of time with worries, mistrusts, and regrets. Furthermore, we allow the opinions of others to weigh more heavily than our opinions of ourselves. Tomorrow isn't promised and I must admit that "today" is the best gift you'll ever have. Get out your brushes and begin to paint on your canvas of life. Dig deep within your own heart at those times that you feel your worst and show us best! There is more beauty within you than you could have ever imagined. Let it all out and paint the picture that the world has been waiting to see!


Let me just help you get the party started by saying, "You are beautiful.....now show it!"

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I am so glad we have the oppurtunity to work together..you have changed my life, for the better!

    ReplyDelete