Thursday, August 19, 2010

Knowing the Times...

Hello Everyone!!! I know that it's been a short minute since I've posted but it's been quite busy in my little world! I must admit the last month has been interesting for me. I guess I could say the last few months. But it all climaxed starting last month with my trip with by bestie to Houston!

Well, my intentions were to post of this event but decided not to since we didn't know which way we were going to go with it. Anywho, we rented a room at this beautiful hotel to only find ourselves having to change room two times within the night because of cleanliness issues! Let's just say the things that we found in those beds would make you think twice on ever getting a hotel room again! Secondly, we visited one of my favorite restaurants to only find an infestation of gnats on the wall near our booth because of this huge tropical plant that they thought was a good idea to have!!! (Yeah.. not so much). So, our weekend was absolutely horrible and I guess you can image that everything was free!

Shortly after that, I went back to my hometown to visit family and decided upon another favorite of mine for lunch!! I found noodles in my vegetarian chili!!!! What??? I called the waitress over who just took the meal away quietly while I sat patiently waiting on them to refund my money.

So, let's speed it up to last night..... out with my bestie at this nice Mexican place. The waiter comes over to bring us chips and salsa and what do you know... he spilled salsa all down my right side!!!! I was in shock!!! I couldn't even speak!! My BFF went to get the manager and he came and offered to take care of my dry cleaning and made sure that I had whatever I needed to continue our meal! Well, by now I'm speechless!!! I immediately looked at my BFF and said, "This has got to be my season"!! She looked at me and laughed and I must admit that I was taking this too well! Well, we finished our meal and I got the ticket to only find that they'd decided to comp my entire meal!

This brings me to my point! I didn't know what all of this meant! I was frustrated because it seemed as if I was getting attacked at every end. But I remembered something that I'd read:
There's a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
There's a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
There's a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3:6-8)

One of the most important lessons we could ever had is knowing how to discern the times in our lives. Timing is everything and operating in the wrong way at a particular time could set you back so far! You can't be silent when it's time to speak.. You can't declare war when it's time for peace! This lesson became so prevalent to me last night once I was alone and could really think about what's happened to me over the last few months! My lesson: It's not about what happened to me, it was about my response! I was being presented with these beautiful tests to see if I'd matured in knowing when and how to respond to life's chaotic situations!

Perhaps you too have come to these crossroads and it seems like everything is being aimed at you from every angle. My advice is to think even harder about where you are in life. Are you about to embark on something great? Then, please don't destroy it with your mouth! Are you allowing someone that's not connected to your destiny to belittle you or speak negatively in your life? Ah.. maybe it's time to speak!
One thing is certain and that's the fact that you must be able to discern the times and know what response is necessary to cater to these specific moments in your life! Oh yeah, remember the waiter that spilled salsa all down my right side?? Well, his manager came over and offered to take care of my dry cleaning, of which I was grateful. But at the end of the night we received our ticket and although I never asked him, he'd comped my entire meal! What a blessing! I believe this was greatly because I didn't resolve to act ignorantly and out of place. I believe this beautiful test was specifically targeted to gauge my response although I'd been serviced in the wrong manner!
You are created for such greatness and I don't want to see you miss out on any of it! Know the times of life that you're in and govern yourself accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment