Thursday, September 23, 2010

Not by Necessity, But by Choice

Greetings Everyone!!!

I know it has been quite sometime since I’ve shared with you and for that I am really sorry. So much has happened and so much is going on, I feel like I’m running and my feet never, ever touch the ground… lol!

Well, there are a lot of things that are going on in my mind but I want to share a more serious topic! Recently, I had the plump-pleasing pleasure to rummage my old files and came across some writing that I’d done about 2 years ago. To give you a little background, I was empty and lost because I’d come to a point of understanding that my life was about to take a sharp turn that I wasn’t prepared for. Ironically, this turn’s catalyst was a major heartbreak!!! I remember most exclusively the “grand” idea of calling friends and those that were always around me and having a conversation with them in hopes that something they said or did could snap me back into the reality of living the life that I’d come to know. That’s what my first problem! Life was requiring that I submit to change but my mentality confirmed my comfort in my own complacency which caused me to conform residentially in obscurity! I had become too settled!!!! The second problem was that the people that were in my life could no longer provide the level of support that I needed because their mentality of their own lives gave me clear indications of their perception of mine!

So, here’s the message! I promise you life is really short and you can’t afford to waste any time! Although He is a Redeemer of time, he doesn’t redeem it until you learn how to sow it! I remember two years ago I had people in my life that were fine with their life’s path and had no real aspirations or dreams to become anything more or do anything greater! They were ok with whatever life gave them and never ever once thought of the opportunity to be a “trailblazer” and pioneer a new move even if it was within their own lives! So there I was feeling so lost and confused because of this major separation when I apparently wrote these words: “There was a time when I needed people in my life. It sort of seems like it was necessary as a means of maintenance for me. But now, I’ve come to a place where my desire to have people in my life is my choice and not a necessity”.
Here’s the point! There are so many things that we choose to do because of the desperation of a moment – whether it’s the relationship because of the fear of being alone where you find that you’ve compromised yourself and your values; or maybe it’s the choice to allow people in your life and circle knowing fully that they can’t begin to feed you at the level that you require because they’ve failed at everyone of their dreams and continue to snatch away yours; or perhaps it’s the awful decisions that we choose to make over and over again because we are in such a hurry to become or to do or to know when patience is and has always been one of the greatest virtues!!! Stop making decisions because you feel it’s necessary to make one expeditiously!

Take your time and prepare for your tomorrows so that you won’t take for granted the time you’ve been given today!

Every now and then it’s okay to do inventory within your life! There may be some spring cleaning that’s necessary and it starts within you! When you get serious, the people around you get serious! When you take more of an investment in your own life, so will the people around you take that same investment!

Don’t ever stop dreaming!!!! I don’t care who you are neither is it important how old you are!!! Get back to dreaming.. See yourself in a greater place.. IN YOUR FUTURE!!!!

Learn how to submit to your own rules and boundaries and I promise others will too!
Last but not least, create a circle of friends that support you and challenge you to be better! Choose wisely because you desire healthy relationships and do not place a huge responsibility on them to “maintenance” you! Your friends are there to support, listen, and encourage…. They are not in the business of “fixing” you!

When you do this, you open your life to brand new possibilities of freedom because you are no longer making decisions that "fix" you or your situation...these decisions are merely your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment