Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Only Believe....

Hello Again....

It's me again! I must say that I am so sorry that I've not kept up with this but for the last two months I've been working really hard at the Worship Night that we were putting together and now that it's over, I can get back to one of my first loves....writing!

I must say that the Worship Night was an awesome success. It wasn't too many people and it wasn't too few either. The place held about 1100 and we got around 150! Go figure...talk about looking like ants...lol! Anyway, it was awesome and the most important thing was that I got a chance to watch as a vision unfolded into pure manifestation right before my eyes! But I must admit while preparing and getting ready.. I was ok! I was confident and sure that this was the route that was chosen for me and that everything was ok! I remember all the way up to the event so many things were happening and I remembered encouraging myself to not lose heart, be strenghtened and know that this was God's will for my life! But I've got news for you... NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THE MORNING AFTER!!!!!

Wow!!! I remember distinctively feeling so run down the night after thinking the obvious questions, "Was anyone blessed? Did we charge too much? Was it a good date? Will they come again next time? Could we have done more? Did we have the right people there?" So many questions and I remembered my beautiful friends, Val and Tron Thomas (shout out) encouraging me even that night that it was well. So, I rested for the night and the next morning to only realize that I had two engagements to fulfil the next day. I was still feeling really uneasy but sure that I'd heard the voice of God with this worship night and with the mission of this organization. So, I headed to service at God's Word, God's Way Christian Assembly in Dallas, TX. I remember First Lady Avis Petty mounting the pulpit to prepare to bring the Word of God forth for the evening. Her message was entitled, "Only Believe"! She talked about being sure that God has given you the vision and not being afraid to walk it out. She also mentioned how the trials and tests come and make bring distraction but you must stand firm and believe that God will bring things to pass! She went further and shared how to embrace small beginnings and to be steadfast in our faith for what God has called us to! If that wasn't enough, she began to sing the lyrics of this song, "Only believe.. only believe.. all things are possible if you only believe"...

Before I knew it, tears began to pour down my face as I was literally broken and submitted to the Hand of the Lord as it calmed my doubts and erased all fears. I stayed in worship and at the end of service something happened from her and her husband, Apostle Rodney Petty.... a word of encouragement! Both of them were there that night and looked me in my face and spoke a word of encouragement that imparted a new level of faith in my life!

So, today I want to do the same! October 16th I embarked on one of the greatest missions of my entire life. This night of worship was not about me, but it was about crossing racial and denominational barriers to gather believers. At the point where I should've been more excited than ever, there was a spirit of doubt that overtook me causing me to second-guess what God had done! So, my lot today is to say..."God bless you Apostle & First Lady Petty for what you spoke into my life". You aren't even my Pastors but you saw the need to parent the vision that God gave me and for that, I'm eternally grateful to you and God's Word, God's Way Church! Secondly, I want to encourage someone that may be facing doubt and uncertainty in their lives at this moment! These two words are powerful..."only believe". What great accomplishments we can make as well as the great changes that can take place by one's ability to just believe...

One man, Thomas, said that He couldn't believe that Jesus was raised until he saws the nail marks in his hand and thrusts his hands into his pierced side. Jesus obliged him, saying reach out your hand to my side. Then, Jesus replied simply to Thomas..... You have believed only because you have seen but blessed are those who have not seen yet believe.

You may not see how this is going to end but I dare you to believe that what you desire will surely come to pass. To each one of us is dealt a measure/level of faith...I believe Thomas proves that God meets us at our level! Saturday, October 16, 2010 - he met me at mine and I believe without a shadow of a doubt that he's waiting to meet you at yours if you would "only believe"!

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you GOD!!! All the glory belong to you......... Bless you my sis, We love you more than you will ever Know!
    Val & Tron Thomas
    P.S. My Pastor and 1st Lady are the Balm in Mesquite TX. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your encouraging words and steadfast spirit. Please keep the encouragement coming, I need it! I love you and hate I missed the manifestation of your vision but I will DEFINITELY be at the next one come hell or high water!

    ReplyDelete