Tuesday, October 26, 2010

* We Are the World *

Hi Family,

Well, on Sunday I had the plump-pleasing pleasure of visiting Worldfest with one of my sisters who I will call "Juanette"...lol! Anywho, it was a blast!!! We visited the booths of various cultures and I just wanted to share some of what we saw with you. This was from one of the booths there.. I believe they were Indians.. Guess how much this whopping piece of luxury costs?? Ding, Ding, Ding....$450.00. Yes siree, which is precisely why it remained on the table.. next stop please!!!
Ok, it's always dangerous for me to start posing because I will!!! Cameras are my friend and I think my best side is every side...lol!!!! Anyway, I believe this was the Japanese/Chinese area where the lady tried to get a sale by saying, "Would you like for me to sign your name on the umbrella?".. I'm thinking "Sure".. only to find out from my street-smart friend, Juanette, that she was actually offering to sale me an umbrella and then put my name on it!!!! Well, no thank you Ms. Japanese/Chinese lady....!!!

Está lloviendo hombres!...Translation: "It's Raining Men".... This is me with the Mexican men.. they were gracious enough to take a picture with me. I thought they mentioned that they were dancing later but we didn't get a chance to see them (which would've been awesome)!!!

This is a picture of me with the ladies that were dressed in the dutch attire (I think).. There were so many other sights and I have other pics that I will probably show later...

Honestly, we had a really good time.. met wonderful people. But, what stayed with me was the fact that there was a point where we saw several different nationalities come together and just dance and have a great time! It made me think of us in our day to day lives. We let so much junk come between our ability to just stand in unity with others. I promise it doesn't take much to hate but it takes a great effort to love unconditionally even those that are not like you!

Let's face it.. we were all created in God's image and He loves us all just like we should equally love and respect each other. I didn't just see an idea on Sunday.. I saw a revelation of His heart and I thought about that song, "We are the World" :)

If I had to sing it over today (in my own words), I would sing:

"We are the World, We are His children, We are the ones to make a brighter day so let's start giving.. There's a choice worth making, It will save even our own lives.. It's true we'll make a brighter day both you & me"
























No comments:

Post a Comment