Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Hakuna Matata"

Well, thanks to my family @ God's Word God's Way.. I'm now reaping the benefits of the word that was imparted into our spirits..."The Lessons I Learned from the Lion King"! It's funny, I've always said the words, "Hakuna Matata" here and there but it really hasn't resonated like it has recently....

I must apologize because today's blog is more of my independent declaration rather than one that I speak to others.. Yet, I hope that you too may gain some type of encouragement from it as well! So here goes...

For the longest time, I've been oppressed by the cloud of worry, stress, and defeat.. I often worry and stress out about things that really don't matter in the end. And you know what I've found out?? When I get to the end of tomorrow, that thing that I stressed so hard about is worked out with a resolution that I never would've dreamed of in a million years. Issues like self-esteem, finances, future, job, family, and personal accomplishments have been worry zones for me when the reality is that my pledge to worry actually paralyzed me from continuing to move forward.. A wise Pastor once told me, "Many people stop at the red light waiting on it to turn green when we actually should move forward through the green light and wait for the red"...

I thought about this recently and this morning I had a great epiphany.... No longer will I stress out or be worried about how things will work out or what I'm going to do!!! The best phrase in the movie, The Lion King, was "Hakuna Matata" - a Swahili phrase that is literally translated as "There are no worries". I have learned that the only time my life was altered in any way was when I fell off the course. The only time I fall off of the course is when I begin to doubt and worry paralyzes my steps, confirms and strengthens my fears, and forces me to deviate from the journey ahead..

So, this is my declaration: I choose to not allow another day to be stolen from my life by investing in worry or fear! I am beautiful..regardless of the opinions of others! I am destined for greatness... although the fullness may not have been manifested yet! I was created for purpose... despite my fears and inhibitions! I can be and do all that was created for me because I refuse to stop, quit, give up, or let others have the last say so in my life!!!

So, I want to encourage someone today to consider "Hakuna Matata".. Consider laying aside your past views and intimidations and take a bite out of life with yo grandmama's big ol' table spoon! There is greatness inside of you and a world that is waiting to see it! Start that business....Go back to school...Relocate to your desired place...Buy that house....Start back writing.. Don't let the cares, stresses, and worries of the world keep you from focusing on who you were created to be!! Create a circle of people that care enough to push you forward and encourage your steps toward destiny..even if they are baby steps:)

Here's a clue.. If you're waking up everyday and your thought process is that "there has got to be something greater than this"... chances are, destiny is calling you! While you tell destiny "yes", how about you tell the cares of this world...."Hakuna Matata"!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment