Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Gift of Today

There are probably a lot of things I could write about that I consider to be "wrong" in my life. However, I decided to be one of the first to actually intrigue your minds with my list of "what's right". For the first time in a long time I feel like I can breathe. I don't have the anxieties that I used to have and every day I live life to the fullest withholding nothing!Now, let me first say that I haven't found the perfect man and believe it or not, I don't have a host of friends that surround me every day. But, what I do have is pure confidence that I was created for a purpose that continues to call me forth! So, here is a checklist that I want to share with you. Now, listen....this is my checklist! I'm not telling you to use it but if you choose to use it, that's fine too!

1. People - Notice, I said people and not friends! For the last 31 years of my life (this is the last time I will tell you my age), I've considered my "high" number of friends to be an undeniable indication of my acceptance in life. Yet, the reality is that friends will come and go but it's pertinent that we have the right people in our life that will keep us focused and endorse our need to reposition towards our destiny. A simple equation that I've had to learn is this: Different people @ Different seasons = The Road to Destiny.

2. Timing - We have all heard this a million times... TIMING IS EVERYTHING! I've learned that my timing isn't necessarily God's timing and if I wait long enough I will see why. The essence of life requires that you learn the lesson before excelling to your next level of purpose. What this means is that if you didn't learn the lesson during the last trial, you can't be elevated to the next place until you do! Now this part was ok for me. I understood this.. But here’s the other part: While you’re waiting on the manifestation of God’s timing, you gain more and more strength to endure and rise above the present complexities of the situation that you’re currently in. This strength and ability to rise above is the actual lesson! This is why it's important for us to keep our cool when things aren't manifested in the timing nor in the way that we'd hoped! It doesn't always mean "not ever", it may just mean "not now". The beautiful illustration of grace is that if you wake up the next day, you have been allowed the necessary time to prepare for when the manifestation actually comes!

3. Honesty - My hands are literally shaking as I'm writing this one because I will be the first one to admit that this is one of the hardest places for most people! In the words of some people I know, "Can you just keep it real"???? Granted, you don't have to tell me or anyone else your business. However, one of the most important aspects of this journey was looking in the mirror and being real with myself! What were my areas? What is the truth about who I am and where I am on this journey called life? What is it that I’ve failed to face?These are just a few of my personal points. This is my message of hope that I wanted to share with you to let you know that eventually life gets better. I decided to take an inventory of my life. I remember reading a quote that said, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift". So, I choose to enjoy and make the best of my "gift".

One of the greatest things for me is that most of the time when I receive gifts, I am surprised with them (which is hard to do at times). Although the element of surprise is exciting, the reality is that I really don't know what lies inside that box, envelope, or bag for me. All I know is that someone cared enough to purchase it just for me! Well friends, I have to tell you....over 2000 years ago someone thought enough of you to purchase this gift of “today” just for you! All I want to say is.....ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment