Monday, February 21, 2011

Let is Shine, Let it Shine, Let it Shine!

Hello Again,For the most part I am outgoing and social but many people can't believe that there is actually a little shyness within me. I think when I say shy, they immediately think of being timid and in some respect, I am. However, another area is that there are times when I lack confidence within myself. Honestly, I think we all get to this place at some time or another. It may be a lack of confidence in business, school, your artistry, with fashion, or even in normal day to day transactions and conversations. Well, I've come to grow out of my shyness a little but there is another area that I wanted to talk with you all about and that area is beauty.Honestly, how many of you have heard the saying, "Beauty Lies Within"??? I know!! I've heard it a million times, "It's what's in the heart that counts". However, I want to speak to some of my full-figured sisters and regular sisters as well.

I've been overweight for most of my life and I always felt like I had to try and fit or be like someone else when it came down to beauty because I never felt as if I was beautiful enough. But I want to take the time to encourage you to honestly look inside yourself and find what makes you beautiful. One thing I'm sure of is the fact you are beautifully and wonderfully made. Know that you have something special and unique that makes you just as beautiful. We all are mere stems in this bouquet of life and I want to propose to you to work what you got!My journey started when I was in the 7th grade and I would steal my mom's make-up and work it out!!! I've always loved make-up but it didn't matter until I found my real beauty on the inside.

So, I want to salute you and say that today is your day! For all the times you've been made to feel insignificant....I salute you! For all the times, you've questioned yourself and felt as if you weren't good enough....I salute you! Dear Heart, reach within yourself and find the beautiful bud that's waiting for it's season to spring into a powerful and beautiful blossom.If I could tell each of you daily, I would! But since I can't, let me say it once and for all. I don't care who you are, where you're going, or where you've been..... know that you are beautiful and there is so much greatness in you! There is a light that's a beacon for all of those that are around you! So you might as well find your best outfit, get your best shoes, get that face right and let it shine, let it shine, LET IT SHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment