Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's a New Season....


Fall is coming! Fall is coming! Many of the people in my life are absolutely ecstatic about this time of year as I'm usually more excited about summer. I guess for me once fall comes, then somewhere around the corner is winter. I must admit that I am still learning how to dress for winter! Yet, there is a bit of excitement when I observe the changing of the leaves, the weather, and the time change.

I can remember being younger and having to pull out my sweaters, light jackets, and other accessories to ensure that I was dressed properly. However, it never failed! I always ended up getting sick because somehow I would still dress for summer in fall weather! Although I had the appropriate clothes before my eyes, dressing for summer was what was familiar and my preference. Therefore, when it came time for fall and winter, I struggled.

I want to write to some people that may have a difficulty transitioning into what lies ahead of you because your mind and spirit lie wasting away in what is behind you. Like me, you may be entering into a new season but can't perceive it because of your determination to hold on to the old one! Today my message is simple. Let go of your past. Transform your mind so that you are able to receive what's next within your life! Recently, I had to have this same talk with myself because I realized that I was wasting away in what used to be and it clouded my view for what could be and what actually was! My body made the transition but my mind didn't!

As we enter into this new season, let this also be a new season for your life! Take great inventory of your life and make decisions that support where you are and where you want to be. Remove anything that causes weight and choose to embrace what lies ahead! I salute you friends as you embark on new journeys and new adventures. Welcome to your new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment