Friday, July 29, 2011

My Anniversary!



Good Evening Family!!!

I feel like Brown on "Meet the Browns" when he says, "I think it's time for a celebrate"!!!

Well, indeed it is. Three months ago today, me and members of my family embarked on a collaborated journey of no meat for three months. Let me just say that I've been big my whole life and nothing completes a meal but a big ol' slab of some animal: fish, chicken, cow, salmon, ....You get the picture! Anyway, to be totally honest, I was motivated because of why we were doing it. Therefore, purpose exceeded my desires. So, I want to share a little about this journey!

When I first started, my body realized that it was missing something. So, because I couldn't feed it "meat", I substituted and gave my body what would make it feel good..what always makes it feel good: carbs! Yes, those lovely carbs! Let me just tell you, I like all things white: potatoes, rice, bread, and Lord pasta....Again, you get the picture. However, about a month later, I realized that my weight was maximizing and I was having a lot of crash moments. Well, I realized that this was because I was feeding my body carbs but not exercising at what was considered a regular level in order to balance those carbs out.

Point 1: When you decide to remove things or people out of your life. You will go through a season of withdrawals. Be careful to not pacify yourself with what feels good because the main objective is to train yourself to not become dependent upon your desires (thus creating further insecurities) but on your necessities (which compel you to look forward to new possibilities).

So, month 2 was better! I started incorporating the right carbs into my daily regimen and begin to look for organic foods to substitute. I realized that my body responded more to the "freshness" of certain foods. Now listen! This required me to cook a tad bit more but I have to admit, I felt great!! I pulled out some of Evangeline's (my mama) dishes and went to town!!! Baby, I had fresh squash, greens, cabbage, and just about every salad you can think of (big ups to Jason's Deli and La Madeline). My snacks consisted of hummus (Yes Lawd), fresh salsa, and this lovely whole wheat pasta dish I concocted! I realized that I wasn't so sluggish. I had a little more energy with my daily routine! At this point I began to be excited about this journey and look forward to seeing how I could incorporate new things daily!

Point 2: After you've decided to separate things or people from you life. It's important to get real with yourself! Get down to the very core of who you are and where you are in your life and make a decision to draw from the fresh aisles of purpose! Find counsel that pushes you to be authentic, genuine, and present at all times to be your best self. When you find this, you find the lanes of true purpose and your excitement will shift and you will look forward to what each new day can bring!

Ok, so in month three, I started incorporating more fiber! Well, I realized that I needed real fiber to ensure that things were leaving my system regularly...lol! So, I kept doing my organic veggie patties but I incorporated oatmeal ( I love this from McD's), broccoli and more broccoli! Like clockwork (that's all I'll say about that).

Point 3: Be sure to cleanse your life of all the debris: negative thinking and negative habits that keep you bound in one place or area. There may be times when the things or people that you clear away aren't negative, it's just time to refocus because it you're like me, you can get lost in everybody else's things and neglect your own. Simply put, shift yourself!!! Clean out your life. Simplify it! Put first things first and everything else will have to take a back seat!

These last three months have been beautiful and I've learned so much! A big thank to those that walked with me and those that were inspired along the way. I've had to refocus. I realized that I was giving too much time to areas that weren't my responsibility and I had to shift some things and people around. It's hard because at my very core, I want to help and please everyone! But I had to make a choice, not a personal one.....but a necessary one!

Thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment