Friday, December 28, 2012

Shaken.....Not Stirred


Hello Family,

We have less than a week before the new year and I wanted to send a message out to encourage those of you that are preparing for 2013!  As you know, I always encourage everyone to take the time in the early fall and evaluate your life: what worked, what didn't, what would you like to see different, what would you like to do differently?  This is a process that I learned years ago and it has helped me to place boundaries within my life and gain new insight and perspectives as I move farther and farther into my purpose and destiny!

Real quick, the thought came to mind about one of my favorite things to do: drink coffee!  Let me just pause and say that I love coffee!! I love it morning, noon, and night especially in the winter!  I can drink it all day!  Anyway, one of the things that I love is the fact that McDonalds places the sugar and cream in your coffee for you!  I have watched this process soooo many times!  I've seen them place the sugar and cream in the cup, then pour the coffee.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how in the world it ends up tasting "just right" when they handed me my coffee.  What I learned from experience is that most times a hot beverage needs stirring while a cold one requires shaking!  If a beverage is hot, nine times out of ten the added ingredients will mix within the beverage with the assistance of a little stirring while most cold beverages require a tad bit more aggression. (like orange juice)

Perhaps there are some areas in your life that have been stirred!  There's been a stirring on your job, in your family, within your friendships, or in your relationships.  Some ingredients have been added and have mixed well all because these areas are hot due to them having your focus.  But what about that dream or vision that you had 10 years ago?  What about the woman or man that you set out in life to be?  What about your marriage that seems to suffer at the hands of you or your husband's addiction?  What about your friendships that are strained because your friends don't know who you really are?  What about your personal healing that has been hindered because you fail to admit that you have been living your life on broken pieces?  These areas have become cold beloved and require a shaking!  The main ingredients of these areas have been added but because you've been dormant for so long and have turned cold, all of the good stuff lies at the bottom and unless a shaking occurs, we will never see your full potential!  I remember a quote by Paula White: "Everything can be shaken must be shaken so that only the things that are a part of your destiny can remain" - (might not be exact)...

This is what I love about a shaking!  Only the ingredients that can actually be mixed or dissolved matter after the shaking is over!  If it can't be mixed or dissolved, it falls back to the bottom of the beverage!  My message is simple.... there are some areas in your life that have remained dormant and because of it you've allowed everything and everyone that is not connected to your destiny to be added to your life!  But beloved, in order for you to become who you are meant to be, there has to be a shaking in every area of you life so that only those things and people that are connected to your destiny can remain!  Do me a favor::: ALLOW IT!  Allow the shaking because only then will you be able to see what and who mixes in your life and who or what falls back to the bottom.... The lesson of a cold beverage is the fact that there is no caution needed in drinking it!  Any and everyone can drink it because it's cold or room temperature.... Oh but a hot one has to be handled with care!  Allow a shaking to take place in your life so you can see what you are really made of!  And when the shaking is over, get busy!  The shaking lets you see the weak areas, the weak things, and the weak people!  Once the shaking is over, get busy with that vision, with your marriage, with your finances, and with your relationships... You will then become hot and a commodity that people will handle with care all because you took the time to be shaken.....NOT STIRRED!